Thursday, November 10, 2011

My first blog!!

Hello, all! Welcome to the inaugural posting of Cooking on a Whim! My name is Madeline, and I will be your host until, well, I decide to stop. I feel I should explain a bit of what I plan on doing with this blog. I love to cook. So much so that I'm going to make my living doing it. I'm currently in school for Culinary Arts here in lovely Albuquerque, NM. I will post (hopefully, about once a week) pictures of food I've cooked and the recipes to go along with it.
I take my inspiration with food from many places. The first, and likely most integral, influence has to be my mom, Kathy. She is an amazing cook. When I was growing up, most kids would have meatloaf for dinner. Not in my house. Chicken piccatta was oft on the menu. That's not to say we didn't have meatloaf; we did. Generally, though, it was something altogether more gourmet. My mother's impeccable taste has influenced many areas in life, but most noticeably, my dinner table. I think nothing of making short ribs on a Tuesday, or veal on a Monday. We don't always save Champagne for special occasions.
That being said, in this house, we do love a good mac n cheese or beef Stroganoff, too. There is something intrinsically comforting about a big bowl of cheesey, pasta, carb-rich goodness in front of you. I love it.
So, you can expect for this blog to be fancy and high-brow some days, and on others, you'll find some good, old fashioned chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment